People with I/DD and their contributions often go unrecognized. In 2020, our chapter’s theme for DD Awareness month is See Me. Help us raise awareness about all that people with I/DD bring to our community by getting involved during March and all year long!
Join Us and Share
Please check back in March of 2021 for new DD Month Events!
March 2020 Events:
- Attend our virtual kick-off event Monday, March 2 at 5:00 pm! There are two ways to join. Please only choose one for best results:
- Facebook Live video: Click here to go to the video section of our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TheArc.Jefferson.ClearCreek.Gilpin/). The video should automatically appear along with audio. There will be a place for you to submit comments to us during the event. After the event, share it with your friends!
- OR by phone: If you do not have computer/smartphone access to Facebook, please join the conversation by calling us at (605) 313-4850 and enter access code: 388313#.
- Attend the First Friday Colfax Art Crawl to see an art exhibition that includes the artwork of two self-advocates with I/DD, Anicee Lamoreaux and Jeff Alexander. Click here for details.
- There are additional activities you can join—click here to see a full list!
Make Your Support Visible
- Consider donating to support our self-advocacy programs. Click here to donate!
- Post this as your status on Facebook during March: March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Many people with I/DD often feel invisible. This year, our DD Awareness Month Theme is “See Me”. Join us in recognizing all the intersectional identities and accomplishments of people with I/DD. Read more about See Me here.
- Tell us what you’re doing. Got a great idea to spread the word? Post your activities on the wall of our Facebook page. We’re listening!
Start A Conversation
- Tweet this. March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Know someone w/autism, Down syndrome, etc? Celebrate people. www.arcjc.org
- Listen and share. Follow The Arc on Facebook and Twitter and repost our daily updates to your friends and followers.
- Contact your legislators and local policymakers to let them know you expect them to promote and enact policies that benefit people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Connect with a Welcoming Community
- Invite The Arc to make a presentation to any groups or clubs you belong to, such as service clubs, church groups, or book clubs. We can customize our message to fit each group's needs. Contact Valerie Smith at (303) 232-1338 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Connect with someone new. Join us at People First during March. Contact Valerie Smith at (303) 232-1338 or email@example.com for more information.