Help us raise awareness about all that people with I/DD bring to our community by getting involved during March and all year long!
Join Us and Share
Click the link below to learn more about our DD Month Events!
Make Your Support Visible
- Honor someone special with a gift to The Arc in their name! Click here to donate!
- Post this as your status on Facebook during March: March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Many people with I/DD often feel invisible. Join us in recognizing all the intersectional identities and accomplishments of people with I/DD.
- Tell us what you’re doing. Got a great idea to spread the word? Post your activities on the wall of our Facebook page. We’re listening!
Start A Conversation
- Tweet this. March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Know someone w/autism, Down syndrome, etc? Celebrate people. www.arcjc.org
- Listen and share. Follow The Arc on Facebook and Twitter and repost our daily updates to your friends and followers.
- Contact your legislators and local policymakers to let them know you expect them to promote and enact policies that benefit people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Connect with a Welcoming Community
- Invite The Arc to make a presentation to any groups or clubs you belong to, such as service clubs, church groups, or book clubs. We can customize our message to fit each group's needs. Contact Valerie Smith at (303) 232-1338 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Connect with someone new. Join us at People First during March. Contact Valerie Smith at (303) 232-1338 or email@example.com for more information.