You’re an outstanding writer and have excellent graphic design skills. You love figuring out how to get an effective message across to as many people as possible. And you especially love it when that message can help make our world a better place.
You may be the perfect candidate for our new, full-time Content Creator position!
The Arc has so much to share about people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) like autism, cerebral palsy, and Down syndrome, so we are constantly in need of exceptional content. Join our team as Content Creator and you’ll get to utilize and grow your skills while working with our entire staff on rewarding projects. This position allows for a flexible combination of in-office and remote work depending on The Arc’s needs.
This might be a perfect match if you have:
- Demonstrated experience and success in creating and managing communications content
- Stellar writing skills, including proofreading and copy editing, and excellent graphic design skills
- Ability to consistently apply organizational messaging in communications
- Beginning - intermediate skills in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (Please note that The Arc – JCCGC is willing to provide some InDesign and/or Photoshop training, but basic skills in these programs are required)
- Basic video creation and editing skills in Adobe Premiere Pro (Please note that The Arc – JCCGC is willing to provide Premiere Pro training)
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with interacting with people of all abilities
- A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
As Content Creator, your skills and passion would be put to great use. The content you create will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Writing and graphics for weekly e-newsletter and website
- Social media graphics
- Writing and design for print communications
- Content for Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month campaigns
- Graphics and other content for videos
At The Arc, we believe that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities should be able to live their lives as valued and respected members of the community and our entire team works together to:
- Empower families
- Support self-advocacy
- Expand community access
- Change community perceptions
This is an exciting new position that comes with the added bonus of working in an organization where every position is truly mission-focused and every staff member is valued.
The starting Salary Range for this position is $40-$42K, depending on skills and experience.
Beyond salary, generous benefits include an additional 12% of salary to be used toward health insurance, dental coverage, life insurance-, short- or long-term disability, a 403b retirement account and other options. The Arc offers 10 paid holidays, 4 personal days, as well as accrued sick leave and vacation. As an added benefit, the office provides paid time off when it is closed between December 25th and January 1st each year.
To read the full job description, click here. To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter by October 31, and express why you’d like to put your talents to work for The Arc.
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: The Arc – Jefferson, Clear Creek & Gilpin Counties, 13949 W. Colfax Avenue, Suite 102, Lakewood, CO 80401