Director of Child & Family Advocacy
We’re expanding! Join our team as our new Director of Child & Family Advocacy; you will be able to fully embrace your values and use your skills to make the world a better place each and every day. In addition, the position allows for a flexible combination of in-office and remote work - with up to 80% remote - depending on The Arc’s needs..
Because we educate and equip families with information on to how to navigate different systems, including private and public healthcare, financial, public education, behavioral health, recreational and other community access, you may be a perfect match if you have the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Individuals with Disabilities Educational Act (IDEA), with preference for knowledge of Special Education in Colorado and in Jefferson County
- Knowledge of Colorado’s Exceptional Children’s Education Act (ECEA), Colorado’s Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) and Protection of Individuals from Restraint and Seclusion Act (PIRSA)
- Working knowledge of Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Working knowledge of Colorado’s programs for children including HCBS waivers, Health First Colorado, Health First Colorado Buy-In, CHP+, CCBs, Early Intervention, and Behavioral Health
- Knowledge of children’s Social Security benefits, private health insurance, appeals and medical necessity documentation
- Awareness of community organizations that specifically support children with disabilities
Also essential are your adaptability, positivity, and ability to connect with all individuals from various cultures in a courteous and empathic manner.
At The Arc, we believe that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities should be able to live their lives as valued and respected members of the community. Our entire team works together to:
- Empower families
- Support self-advocacy
- Expand community access
- Change community perceptions
The starting salary for this position is $55K per year based on skills and experience.
Beyond salary, generous benefits include an additional 12% of salary to be used toward health insurance, dental coverage, life insurance-, short- or long-term disability, a 403b retirement account and other options. Work arrangements are very flexible; once fully trained, employees spend at least 20% of their time in The Arc’s office and work remotely otherwise, as approved by their supervisor. The Arc offers 10 paid holidays, 4 personal days, as well as accrued sick leave and vacation. As an added benefit, the organization provides paid time off when it is closed between December 25th and January 1st each year.
To read the full job description, click here. To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter expressing why you’d like to put your skills to work for The Arc by January 31, 2022.
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: The Arc – Jefferson, Clear Creek & Gilpin Counties, 13949 W. Colfax Avenue, Suite 102, Lakewood, CO 80401
Link to Job Description: