LifeAbility Talks are fun, free, interactive discussions designed to strengthen the abilities of self-advocates with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The talks are led by experienced self-advocates who cover topics that promote more independent, satisfying lives. Did we mention they're also really fun?
Past topics include:
- Music - Listening to our favorite music can turn an entire day around. Research shows that music is good for us in so many ways, plus it unites us as human beings, no matter what our abilities are.
- Communication - Learn how to get more out of life through good communication.
- Being Safe in the Community - Build your confidence being out in the community and avoid being the target of a crime.
- Health & Wellness - Is good health all granola and no fun? Not at The Arc!
- Travel - You don’t need a plane ticket or a passport to experience other places.
For more information about LifeAbility Talks, contact Valerie Smith at (303) 232-1338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Training Dates
There are no upcoming classes scheduled at this time