Do you have questions about the mandatory reporting rules that protect Colorado’s at-risk adults? Learn how to identify mistreatment, abuse, neglect, and exploitation (MANE); how to report MANE incidents; and who to report these incidents to.
The training will address statutory changes in 2016 that added adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to the definition of at-risk adults, which also includes any adult aged 70 or older. Each training includes a 2.5 hour presentation that includes a Q&A session with presenters.
If you are considered a mandatory reporter in Colorado, this training is for you! Mandatory reporters include: medical professionals; social workers; law enforcement; court appointed guardians and conservators; fire protection personnel; community-centered board staff; care institutions; home care placement agencies; clergy; caretakers; independent contractors; case managers; and all related personnel, whether paid or unpaid.
The list below includes recordings made during previous presentations. Click on the appropriate link to see content for that topic.
- The Arc - Jefferson, Clear Creek & Gilpin Counties: Brief Overview Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) & People First Language
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office: Mandatory Reporting Defined under law. Learn who is a considered a mandatory reporter, who is defined as an At-Risk Adult, and what to expect from an investigation.
- Arvada Police Department, Lakewood Police Department, and Jefferson County Sheriff's Office: Learn who to call and what information law enforcement need from a reporter
- Jefferson County Adult Protection Services: When to report to APS instead of law enforcement, how APS can help a victim or at-risk adult, and what to expect from an APS investigation.
- Developmental Disabilities Resource Center (DDRC): Overview of Community Center Boards (CCB’s) and Program Approved Service Agencies (PASA’s); understand their roles & requirements in both criminal and internal investigations.
- Wheat Ridge Regional Center (WRRC): Overview of CCB’s, PASA’s, and Regional Centers. Understand their roles & requirements in both Criminal and Internal Investigations.
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health (JCMH): Learn how to identify when someone is in need of support and how to connect them to available crisis services.