SPARC Award Nominations
Do you know someone who has made a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities, and/or has assisted the families/organizations that serve them?
In order to honor the people that selflessly serve and aid our communities every day, The Arc- Jefferson, Clear Creek & Gilpin counties has created the SPARC awards. The power of the SPARC Awards and its recipients is in their ability to demonstrate to the community that individuals and organizations can and do make a difference.
SPARC Awardees demonstrate extraordinary leadership, changing the community and the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Their examples serve as inspiration, showing what is possible.
The categories for recipients of the SPARC awards are as follows:
- Advocacy: Family, Friends, Caregiver
- Community Champion*: Recreation, Church, Volunteer, Partner/Collaborator
- Education*: Local Educator, Administrator
- Employer*: Local Business
- Policy/Legislator: Local Policymaker
- Self-Determination: Self-Advocate
*May be an individual/group/organization
- Nominees must live, work or volunteer in Jefferson, Gilpin or Clear Creek Counties.
- Nominations must meet the spirit and purpose of the Sparc Awards as described above.
- Nominations must be made in one of the categories listed above.
- Current staff members of The Arc- JGCC and their immediate family members (parents, spouses, siblings, grandparents, children) are not eligible.
- Current board members of The Arc- JGCC and their immediate family members (parents, spouses, siblings, grandparents, children) are not eligible.
Criteria: These are the criteria for selecting winners, rated on a scale of 1-5.
- Innovation: Has the nominee introduced a new method/idea/device and successfully implemented it within the community?
- Systemic Change: Has the nominee been successful in their promotion of legislative changes at either the state or local level?
- Full Inclusion: Has the nominee been instrumental in fighting for full inclusion in community/work/education?
- Raise Public Awareness: Has the nominee influenced our community in an effort to raise awareness?
To nominate a person or an organization for a SPARC award, please download and submit the nomination form via mail, email, or fax by February 28, 2018.