Celebrating 60 Years!
It’s our diamond anniversary this year, and it doesn’t seem possible that so much time has passed. We are truly grateful for six decades of rewarding work with amazing people. Throughout 2021, we’ll be reflecting and celebrating 60 years of…
- Serving a community that continues to INSPIRE us every day
- Supporting individuals and families in BUILDING BETTER LIVES
- Restoring HOPE for people who had none left
- Receiving heartfelt GENEROSITY from donors and volunteers
- Working to genuinely EMPOWER people
- Fostering a more WELCOMING COMMUNITY for people of all abilities
We invite you to a 60th Anniversary Celebration online by Zoom Jan 21, 6:45 – 7:30 PM. (This event begins immediately after our monthly Coffee House social gathering which starts at 6:00 PM. All are welcome at both parts of this combined event, but the anniversary celebration doesn't begin until 6:45 PM). REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE.
This online event will include:
- Welcome from Executive Director, Lori Ropa
- Slideshow with photos of some of our funniest and most touching moments
- Short video about how far we’ve come in 60 years
- Round table discussion led by Brent Belisle:
- Thoughts on Then and Now
- How are the people we serve like diamonds?
- Announcement of anniversary activities happening throughout the year
- Open discussion of comments and memories from over the years
Have you ever wanted to know more about the history of our chapter? Click here to learn more!
Check out our 60th Anniversary Slideshow below of friends and staff from over the years. This will be updated each month, so check back for new faces! If you have old photos (the older, the better) involving The Arc that you would like to share, please send them to Valerie@arcjc.org.
60 voices that shine
As we commemorate 60 years, we would like to share with you the people, and their voices, who have made a difference over the decades. They advocate, educate, inspire, and make us smile. Please watch for them on our website, in our weekly email, and on our social media.
Click on each photo to learn more about each individual and how they've used their voice!